Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Television done well - Carnivale

I just finished watching the entire series of Carnivale. I was blown away at the depth and subtle complexity that this show had. If Carnivale and Lost were in a UFC ring bout, Carnivale would rip Lost a new one. This show was well written with a clear purpose and agenda that not only satisfies but keeps you coming back for more. It is a bit X-Files, Twin Peaks, and Deadwood with a splash of Lost before it went down the toilet somewhere after season 2. I highly recommend watching Carnivale and I am telling you that this show will linger with you for weeks after you finish it. I have pondered the layout, setting, actions of all the characters and I do not think I would change a thing. It is not the most perfect television series but I wish I would have watched it while it was airing so I could have given my support. I hope that HBO makes a movie out of it someday because there is plenty of material left to hash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment